6 Mar- 12 Mar
Mon- 4
Tue- 6--- I switched it up. I have been using a very nice track but I saw a sign last week on my way out saying how to sign up for membership- and until I get an official French sports physical I won't be able to sign up for anything. So I have relocated my speedwork to a local park. The advantage- it's better for cross country and more similar to the ghetto EP 700 loop. The disadvantage- it's uneven, slow, and possibly a little bit hazardous. It's mostly dirt and grass, with some patches of tar that I try to avoid. It's not exactly flat. It is exactly 400 meters, give or take 10 (depending on how close to the trees I run). So here are the results: 1200-4:18 3x800- 2:41, 2:44, 2:48 400-1:16. I'm thinking next week I might move my starting point partway around the loop. Right now it is uphill, on loose gravel. My feet are slipping a lot due to the lack of traction and I'm losing precious momentum.
Wed-
Thu-
Fri-
Sat-
6 Mar- 12 Mar
Mon- 5
Tue- 6--- 3x800, 1x200. The story: My goal for today was to run 3x800 at 2:43 pace (17:00 5k). My first went well, 1:44. Considering that I had a strong headwind on the first (and third) straightaway, that was on target or better. I was disappointed to discover that I was still cold after that. My cool down lap probably cooled me down way to much. It was quite cold today. I started the second 800 at what I thought was an aggressive 5k pace, but my split was 1:25. I tried to drop it down a gear to make up the difference in the second lap, but that kick took me around the corner and directly into the headwind. I ended up with a 1:48. I was pretty wiped after that too, showing how out-of-shape I am. But then, the burn in my lungs was probably more from the cold air than from effort. I said a prayer and took off on the third much more agressively than the second, but the fatigue started to show. My halfway split was 1:23 and despite a "last one fast one" philosophy I couldn't drop a good enough split to save it. I came in at 2:45. I felt kind of nasty after that, not a good thing when it's cold out, I had to run 1 3/4 miles to get home, and nobody back home knew where I was. So I started my 400 with gusto but when I started to feel nasty in the belly after the 200 mark I shut 'er down and coasted in.
Final results, 2:44, 2:48, 2:45 (with a headwind). We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow.
Wed-5-5.5
Thu- 4-4.5 hills
Fri- I have forgotten. I'm pretty sure I ran.
Sat-4 miles? I don't remember
28 Feb- 6 Mar
Mon- 4
Tue- 5.5--- 2:41 (800), 1 lap easy, 1:17 (400), 1 lap easy, 2:44 (800)
Wed-0
Thu- 5.5 miles
Fri- 3 miles?
Sat- 0. I thought I was going to go skating and then I had technical difficulties. It kinda bumbed me out so I went home and had a 2 hour worship session that was great but doesn't count for any physical activity.
21 Feb- 27 Feb
Mon- 3
Tue- walked 6.5 miles, about 3 of it was power walking
Wed- 3 miles
Thu- squatty squat-squat
Fri- 4.5
Sat- I had exactly 16 minutes to run. So I went out 9 minutes at a good pace and then tried to make it all up on the return trip. Didn't quite make it, but I did better my time. 17:15. When I checked it on gmaps it looked like 2.5 miles. 6:51 pace? Not too bad, actually. I'll take that for now.
14 Feb- 20 Feb
Mon- 4.5
Tue- 2.5
Wed-
Thu-2.5, got rained on!
Fri-
Sat- 12 mile bike ride. I enjoyed the mud, too bad I was trying to stay clean!
7 Feb- 14 Feb
Mon- Did I run? I don't remember.
Tue-
Wed-
Thu-
Fri-3.5
Sat-4
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment